In The True Wealth Podcast series Sascha Janzen brings topics around the deeper meaning of wealth, impact and succession to our readers.
You have a level of financial wealth in your life and are asking yourself “What now?” Join Sascha in exploring the answers to this and other questions around finding and creating True Wealth. In the True Wealth Project Podcast Sascha interviews guests with particular insights, expertise or success around the 3 core areas of #Wealth #Impact #Succession.
In this episode he explores together with Mairi Mickel of www.businessfamilies.co.uk what it takes to get succession planning off the ground.
What you can learn from a 4th generation family business shareholder:
- To view a family business as a conspiracy of needs
- How to establish and live family governance without even mentioning the term
- What makes family businesses so special
- 3 initial steps to take to start the succession process
- How to set the scene by using philanthropy (without breaking the bank)
About Mairi Mickel
Mairi is a Family Business advisor and has founded her own consultancy specialising in future proofing UK multi generational business families. She is a previous main board director and 4th generation owner of Mactaggart & Mickel.
Until recently she was Chair of her families grant giving fund (http://www.mickelfund.org.uk) and she also holds a portfolio of independent (Non Executive) director roles with privately owned businesses and charities.
She tutors, speaks and publishes within the UK business sector on topics such as:
- Family Business Governance Structures
- Family Business Leadership & Next Generation Development
- Family Philanthropy
- and Educating Future Owners.
Thank you to the fine team at Janzen & Co providing EAT LOVE SAVOR® with this podcast.