Delicious, satisfying and romantic. It is a tried and true recipe and one that you can play with the ingredients so it is never the same salad twice! Go ahead, use the recipe as a base and have some fun combining ingredients and adding things like potatoes or even grilled vegetables. Enjoy with a lovely prossecco, sparkling wine or champagne for added romance!
Gourmet Dinner Salad with Chicken
- 5 cups salad greens
- 1 store-bought rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 pear
- 1⁄2 cucumber, English
- 1⁄2 bulb fennel
- 3 Belgian endives
- 1 jar (170 ml) artichoke hearts packed in oil, drained
- 2 tomatoes cut into 8 slices each
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
Wash and dry the salad greens. Put the greens in a large salad bowl. Add the chicken.
2. In a food processor, thinly slice the pear, cucumber, fennel, and Belgian endives. Toss with the greens.
3. Add the drained artichokes (leave a little oil on them to go into the salad) and tomato slices.
4. Add the salt and toss. Add the olive oil and toss again.
5. Add the red wine vinegar and toss again.
6. Add the cherries and goat cheese. Toss and serve.
Tools and Equipment:
- Large salad bowl
- Food processor
- Large spoons for tossing salad
Recipe published with permission. From the award-winning cookbook, “Simply Summer: Gourmet Meals Made Deliciously Easy with Tips for Elegant Living” by Angela Tunner.